The Student Room Group

Revision

I have 5 weeks till my mocks...NOTES ON PAPER or FLASHCARDS??
to be honest ive already got my notes from previous years so all i need to do is read over them...should i carry on making my flashcards?
Reply 1
It depends how best you study. However, if you can condense your notes and continually check on them (but never studying for too long a period and always giving yourself adequate breaks, even if you feel you could go on and on), many people find the information sinks in and stays in! Asking friends/family to test you is often helpful - most will be happy to test you on snippets of information rather than having to plough through your notes. You have a few weeks left, which is great, but don't spend all your time making the most beautiful flashcards ever which you don't have time to read.
Original post by setstruggling
to be honest ive already got my notes from previous years so all i need to do is read over them...should i carry on making my flashcards?

Neither. Start doing past papers.

Hi @setstruggling,

My advice would be go over your notes and make sure you know your stuff then use past papers to test this knowledge in exam style format. This will then highlight any areas you are struggling with which then allows you to target that revision.

I would say if you have time later after the mocks then maybe write flashcards but don't put every detail on there. For them to be used best I would say have any key definitions, concepts and information which is important this can be different for all the subjects.

Hope that helps!

Good luck in your mocks :smile:

Rebecca
3rd Year Geoenvrionmental Hazards Student

I would say both as either method on their own wouldn't be effective. For flashcards I would definitely recommend Anki since it uses spaced repetition so that you only get tested on the things you absolutely struggle with

Quick Reply

Latest