The Student Room Group

Do guys actually like shy/quiet girls or is it just for attention?

I havent had a guy bestfriend in ages and the only 1 i have is gay. I do talk to guys, i can make small talk but it's not like i would feel comfortable walking up to him and say hello and vice versa.
I'm not totally bad looking, I get compliments from my friends and apparently i do get checked out in public so l dont think looks are a massive factor.
I just don't talk alot and i'm very shy. I see all these posts about how people like quiet people but i dont see how? It's not like i dont want to talk to them, i'm just scared. I'm in yr13 atm, does it get better in university of not.
Reply 1
As with all these types of questions, the answer is 'some do, some don't'.

Is 'what' just for attention, though?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
As with all these types of questions, the answer is 'some do, some don't'.

Is 'what' just for attention, though?

I was just asking for advice and asking if my social life gets better damn no need to jump to conclusions
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I was just asking for advice and asking if my social life gets better damn no need to jump to conclusions

No need to be touchy! No conclusions were made other than you asked an open-ended question. Same with "will it get better in uni?" Yes, if you can improve your self-confidence and do things to meet like-minded people with whom to share conversations on common interests. Otherwise, no.

You asked "...or is it just for attention?" and I asked you to clarify what "it" is; it didn't fit with the first part of your question.

Speaking from personal experience, I'm fairly quiet and my boyfriend is far more outgoing, but he saw something that made him ask me out on a date just 4 days after we met at work, so it can happen.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
No need to be touchy! No conclusions were made other than you asked an open-ended question. Same with "will it get better in uni?" Yes, if you can improve your self-confidence and do things to meet like-minded people with whom to share conversations on common interests. Otherwise, no.

You asked "...or is it just for attention?" and I asked you to clarify what "it" is; it didn't fit with the first part of your question.

Speaking from personal experience, I'm fairly quiet and my boyfriend is far more outgoing, but he saw something that made him ask me out on a date just 4 days after we met at work, so it can happen.

LMAO i'm sorry i thought you were trying to be passive aggressive. i interpreted it wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending