The Student Room Group

Missing 2 calls from the hiring manger

I'm literally so stressed out I had my interview which went well and they said they'll call me on Monday to discuss whether I have the job or not.

So it was Monday and I received a miss call from them (my phone was on silent because I had a college at the time) and I emailed them and they called back (this time my phone was not on silent) I received another miss call from them.

I feel like crying because I really want this job and it turns out my phones sound doesn't work so I don't hear my ringtone and the caller. I emailed them again and I feel like I'm annoying them.
Original post by Arishba Yasir
I'm literally so stressed out I had my interview which went well and they said they'll call me on Monday to discuss whether I have the job or not.

So it was Monday and I received a miss call from them (my phone was on silent because I had a college at the time) and I emailed them and they called back (this time my phone was not on silent) I received another miss call from them.

I feel like crying because I really want this job and it turns out my phones sound doesn't work so I don't hear my ringtone and the caller. I emailed them again and I feel like I'm annoying them.

maybe phone them tomorrow?
Reply 2
Original post by flamingolover
maybe phone them tomorrow?

It is stressful waiting for information after an interview. It is possible that you might be annoying the organisation but, alternatively, they might think you are keen (and just have a bad phone!).

I agree with the person above, please do try to call them - be apologetic about missing the calls (not overly apologetic) and for inconveniencing them. Do you have a specific named person to contact? When you phone (depending on the size of the organisation), be extremely clear about who you are, when you had the interview, what for etc (sorry if that sounds obvious, but if you are a bit frustrated with the situation, you might forget the obvious). It could be that they are ringing to arrange a second interview - it depends on the job and how many applicants they had. If they are ringing to say you haven't got the job, say how disappointed you are and how you hope if anything else comes up they will think of you. Before you ring, ensure that you've received no email from them.
Reply 3
I'd probably phone them first thing in the morning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending