The Student Room Group

personal statement structure

guys do i have to click enter after each paragraph of my personal statement on UCAS? how should i lay it out. the ucas preview isnt useful because it still looks like a block im not sure what to do. I copied and pasted it from word ( which had paragraphs in it) but when i paste it, it comes as a block except each paragraph starts as a new line. theres no gap. and i dont have enough lines to physically do a line break.

How are you supposed to lay it out? will it just turn out as a block of writing otherwise? im scared?
Original post by hahaaddie
guys do i have to click enter after each paragraph of my personal statement on UCAS? how should i lay it out. the ucas preview isnt useful because it still looks like a block im not sure what to do. I copied and pasted it from word ( which had paragraphs in it) but when i paste it, it comes as a block except each paragraph starts as a new line. theres no gap. and i dont have enough lines to physically do a line break.

How are you supposed to lay it out? will it just turn out as a block of writing otherwise? im scared?

Can you put in the spacing after you have pasted the text?
Reply 2
Original post by Wired_1800
Can you put in the spacing after you have pasted the text?

I don’t have enough lines for that

Best to reword some sections.

Then you need to reduce the content.

You would normally have about 3,400-3,600 characters to fit within the line limit and include blank lines between paragraphs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending