The Student Room Group

A level psychology help

When evaluating a study and looking at the sample, I'm a bit lost about whether it's more about generalizability, internal validity, or external validity.

Internal - having a diverse sample ensures that any individual differences don't skew the results, making them more accurate

External - it's about how the study's findings relate to people not in the original sample.

Then there's generalizability as well, but my teacher mentioned that just having a varied sample doesn't automatically mean high generalisability - I'm not sure why that is though

Can anyone please help?
I dont quite get it but im doing what i can do to help so basically generalisabilty mean that if it can be applied to different settings. Yes,having a varied sample doesnt mean it will always have a high generalisability because we need to see if the negatives outdo the positives and vice versa.

Like if its only being studied on male subjects,being only done within a specific age group or within a specific setting.It makes the study lack
generalisability.

I hope this clears out some of your problems.I wrote what i knew but if i made a mistake do tell me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest