The Student Room Group

help! gcse english edexcel revision

I don't know what to do for revision. I see a lot of people making charts and mindmaps, and I think mindmaps are easier for me to do since it feels like i can write more about them. The issue is that I don't know what to make the mindmaps on. For example, for An Inspector Calls, should I make a mindmap for all of the themes and the characters? because i feel like ill end up with 40 quotes that i cant remember. and i dont know how to revise for the poetry part of it either like there are just so many i don't know what to do or where to start. I also have horrible memory and struggle with retaining information, so this is going to be the least fun. I love learning about everything in English and I'm always so interested in everything in so much depth, but I can't get myself to show that in exams. I got a 6 and a 7 in the y10 mocks, and my target is an 8. I'm just stressing that I won't get to an 8, considering that I love English and want to do it for Alevels, but I'm struggling with memorising everything so idk how I'll manage for Alevels.
Reply 1
Original post by priceydoritos
I don't know what to do for revision. I see a lot of people making charts and mindmaps, and I think mindmaps are easier for me to do since it feels like i can write more about them. The issue is that I don't know what to make the mindmaps on. For example, for An Inspector Calls, should I make a mindmap for all of the themes and the characters? because i feel like ill end up with 40 quotes that i cant remember. and i dont know how to revise for the poetry part of it either like there are just so many i don't know what to do or where to start. I also have horrible memory and struggle with retaining information, so this is going to be the least fun. I love learning about everything in English and I'm always so interested in everything in so much depth, but I can't get myself to show that in exams. I got a 6 and a 7 in the y10 mocks, and my target is an 8. I'm just stressing that I won't get to an 8, considering that I love English and want to do it for Alevels, but I'm struggling with memorising everything so idk how I'll manage for Alevels.

hi there to i think you need to have quotes that you can use for any question your banker quotes you can find some at Mr salles teaches English who is a very good english teacher and will help you a lot. Also use flashcards and write an essay ask a teacher to mark it ask for feedback and do the same question plus the feedback and repeat till you feel like you perfected it. do a different question but also bare in mind your teacher feedback when writing your essay. if you do this things effectively and properly I sure you be able to get a 9.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending