The Student Room Group

A level choice help. (Economics vs chemistry) for engineering

I would like to go into business in the future due to the finical prospects, however I personally enjoy and like physics/engineering and would like to peruse that at university.

I am currently in y11 and my a level choices are ( maths, further maths, physics, economics)
I am looking into going to competitive university's ( imperial, oxbridge, ivy league) where doing chemistry would be useful instead of economics for admissions when reading engineering, however I believe that economics might be very useful for my future work/business life.

Any suggestions if I should change to chemistry?
I would suggest just looking at what subjects they usually give offers for, and what subjects are mandatory for different universities. However, I have heard from friends who did Economics and Chemistry at A-level that Economics was much better than Chemistry.

From my view, if you are doing A-level maths and further maths with physics you should be able to apply to basically any course at uni for engineering no matter what your forth subject is. The only benefit that the forth subject usually brings is that it can get you a lower grade requirement, so if the offer was ABB then it would be BBBB instead.

Quick Reply

Latest