The Student Room Group

children nursing, midwifery or speech and language therapy???????? HELP

can any student/qualified nurses, midwives and speech and language therapist pls help me out, I am in year 12 doing alevel psychology, geography and religious studies and i know that i want to pursue a career in either children nursing and speech and language therapy and midwifery. Can you give me pros/cons of one of those 3 degrees and how placement was like?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by blind-ranger
can any student/qualified nurses, midwives and speech and language therapist pls help me out, I am in year 12 doing alevel psychology, geography and religious studies and i know that i want to pursue a career in either children nursing and speech and language therapy and midwifery. Can you give me pros/cons of one of those 3 degrees and how placement was like?

Summer 2023 qualified adult nurse.

Pros and cons about adult nursing.

Hard work over the three years of the course.
Be prepared for unsociable working hours when you are on placements if you not use to it.
Placements can be brilliant as well as horrible, each individual placement is different from the one before, you will have some excellent staff helping you as well as those who not prepared to help you. Depending on how the hospital trust you are under works there working patterns ( shifts) as you could be doing either split shift pattern or working long hours shifts.

All nursing degrees are hard going ( adult nursing, children nursing, midwifery) midwifery is the hardest one probably because of the intensity of the training as reason why the universities only take limited numbers each year.

At the end of the day all the hard work you do over the three years of the degree in nursing is worthwhile when you qualify.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending