The Student Room Group

University of liverpool

What are the realistic A-level grades to get into Actuarial mathematics Bcs (Hons)?
Original post by Smith17
What are the realistic A-level grades to get into Actuarial mathematics Bcs (Hons)?

Well, they ask for AAB (source) but the "Most popular A-Levels studied (and grade achieved)" are "Mathematics A | Further Mathematics B | Physics B" (source).

So my guess is that you'd stand a reasonable chance of an offer if you were predicted AAB, and of a place if you achieved ABB.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Well, they ask for AAB (source) but the "Most popular A-Levels studied (and grade achieved)" are "Mathematics A | Further Mathematics B | Physics B" (source).

So my guess is that you'd stand a reasonable chance of an offer if you were predicted AAB, and of a place if you achieved ABB.

thank you so much for clarifying this
Original post by Smith17

Hi there,

The required grade for this course is AAB, you may be able to get in with 1 grade lower but is this completely at the discretion of the admission tutor and therefore the realistic grades would be AAB. Any lower offer can depend on many factors such as the strength of your personal statement, your references, the number of applicants and contextual factors (i.e.for widening participation).

Best of luck 🙂

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest