The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Sport science and mathematics joint honours

I only do a level maths, not further maths. What are the chances I would get in to the course at Loughborough? Generally predicted an A star in maths, and got 9s in both maths and further maths gcse. Is it dependant on how good my supercurriculars are aswell?
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by gattster
I only do a level maths, not further maths. What are the chances I would get in to the course at Loughborough? Generally predicted an A star in maths, and got 9s in both maths and further maths gcse. Is it dependant on how good my supercurriculars are aswell?

Hi @gattster

Great to hear you are considering Loughborough!

I would recommend taking a look at this page here. If you scroll down to the entry requirements section this gives details on what is required.

In regards to extracurricular, the page does mention UCAS applications, so I would spend time making your personal statement as good as you can!

If you have further questions about entry requirements I would recommend contacting admissions.

I hope that helps. If you have any questions about Loughborough in general I am more than happy to help :smile:

Alex
(edited 5 months ago)
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi @gattster

Great to hear you are considering Loughborough!

I would recommend taking a look at this page here. If you scroll down to the entry requirements section this gives details on what is required.

In regards to extracurricular, the page does mention UCAS applications, so I would spend time making your personal statement as good as you can!

If you have further questions about entry requirements I would recommend contacting admissions.

I hope that helps. If you have any questions about Loughborough in general I am more than happy to help :smile:

Alex

Hi, thanks for the response! I’ve checked the website before, and it doesn’t say anything about further maths, but I’m more assuming it was somewhat implied? Most maths degrees do require further maths, and I was wondering if you know anything about the actual chance of me getting in, as opposed to theoretical limits.
Original post by gattster
Hi, thanks for the response! I’ve checked the website before, and it doesn’t say anything about further maths, but I’m more assuming it was somewhat implied? Most maths degrees do require further maths, and I was wondering if you know anything about the actual chance of me getting in, as opposed to theoretical limits.

Hi @gattster

I would recommend contacting admissions as they can provide more detailed and specific information.

Hope this helps :smile:

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending