The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for any more help after sandwich course?

Hi,

I did a 4-year sandwich course from 2003-2007.

I remember that I received less money from student finance during my placement year.

Might I be eligible to receive any more help for undertaking an Undergraduate Diploma?

Many thanks
Emma
Original post by emmakatie82
Hi,
I did a 4-year sandwich course from 2003-2007.
I remember that I received less money from student finance during my placement year.
Might I be eligible to receive any more help for undertaking an Undergraduate Diploma?
Many thanks
Emma

Hi Emma,

Can you please tell us more about the kind of course you'd like to do? Can you tell us the full name of the course if possible.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Emma,
Can you please tell us more about the kind of course you'd like to do? Can you tell us the full name of the course if possible.
Thanks, Graeme

Hey Graeme :smile:

Many thanks for your reply.

It would be a vocational course - an Undergraduate Diploma in Theology, Mission and Ministry - alongside Ministerial Formation. It is run by Bristol Baptist College, and many students there have got funding from yourselves.

My first degree was a BSc(Hons) Geography and Environmental Management. I worked in my third (sandwich) year so tuition fees would have been much less. The fees back then were only £3000 per year, as opposed to the £9000 per year nowadays. I wonder if I would be eligible for any more?

I am passionate about making a career change to train to be a minister, but with fees currently at approx £8000 a year I would really appreciate some help :smile:

Many thanks
I look forward to hearing from you :smile:
Emma
Original post by emmakatie82
Hey Graeme :smile:
Many thanks for your reply.
It would be a vocational course - an Undergraduate Diploma in Theology, Mission and Ministry - alongside Ministerial Formation. It is run by Bristol Baptist College, and many students there have got funding from yourselves.
My first degree was a BSc(Hons) Geography and Environmental Management. I worked in my third (sandwich) year so tuition fees would have been much less. The fees back then were only £3000 per year, as opposed to the £9000 per year nowadays. I wonder if I would be eligible for any more?
I am passionate about making a career change to train to be a minister, but with fees currently at approx £8000 a year I would really appreciate some help :smile:
Many thanks
I look forward to hearing from you :smile:
Emma

Hi Emma,

Thank you for your response.

If you've been awarded funding for an Undergraduate course previously and achieved your degree. You'd only be eligible for funding again on another Undergraduate course if you were to take an exception course (either a PGCE type course) or a A2P allied health course.

For part time funding, it would need to be one of the following to qualify for the funding

part time honours degree

joint honours degree

integrated masters degree.

And be one of the following subjects:

Medicine and Dentistry (CAH01)

Subjects to Allied Medicine (CAH02)

Biological and Sport Science (CAH03)

Psychology (CAH04)

Veterinary Sciences (CAH05)

Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences (CAH06)

Physical Sciences (CAH07)

Mathematical Sciences (CAH09)

Engineering and Technology (CAH10)

Computing (CAH11)

Geographical, Earth and Environmental Sciences (CAH26).

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending