The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene and therapy

Hi everyone!

I applied to study at Plymouth/ Bristol and Cardiff but unfortunately got rejected from all of my options. Going to try for clearance if they do it this year and will apply next year, as I'm so passionate about studying this course! Does anyone have any tips for getting an interview like extra courses as well as interview tips? (I am a dental nurse of 3 years and currently studying an access course as well as an extra GCSE, to give me the best chance of getting in) My predicted grades for my 45 credit access course are 35 credit distinctions and the rest being merits.

Any help would be great full, Thanks!
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Keesha-noon
Hi everyone!
I applied to study at Plymouth/ Bristol and Cardiff but unfortunately got rejected from all of my options. Going to try for clearance if they do it this year and will apply next year, as I'm so passionate about studying this course! Does anyone have any tips for getting an interview like extra courses as well as interview tips? (I am a dental nurse of 3 years and currently studying an access course as well as an extra GCSE, to give me the best chance of getting in) My predicted grades for my 45 credit access course are 35 credit distinctions and the rest being merits.
Any help would be great full, Thanks!

Hi there! Sorry to hear that, but wishing the best of luck for you for clearance/applying next year! I unfortunately am not a dental hygiene student, so I can't really say anything useful, but we do have dental hygiene students on Unibuddy that might be able to give you some insight.

Some useful resources as well are:
MedicMind, they have some helpful articles on interview.
YouTube, there are some helpful vloggers giving tips on interviews
Cardiff University admissions video, an informative video on the interview process and some advice from the uni itself!

Hope that helps,

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest