The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Top Places to Study in Kingston This Winter!

With Reading Week coming to an end and the second half of Term Block 1 starting, it's time to put your head back into the books and start working towards those pesky Christmas exams. Here's a few of what I think are Kingston's best study spots - so regardless of whether you prefer a tense solo cramming session or an easygoing group discussion, there's something for everyone! :wink:

Town House Library, Penrhyn Road Campus
Okay, I'll hold my hands up - a university library might seem like a bit of an obvious one. However, Town House isn't just any university library. On top of having a rooftop garden and two cafés, Town House's six-story set-up allows for both private and group study, with the early floors being dedicated to student discussion and collaboration and the upper floors becoming increasingly quiet. You can also book private study rooms through the KU app - so if you and your friends want to schedule a time to come together and work on that upcoming project whilst still nipping out for a quick coffee, Town House is the place for you!

Old London Road Café, Old London Rd
If you're looking for a laid-back, low-stress environment to calm those exam nerves, why not check out the Old London Road Café? If it's comfy seating and cool, relaxed music isn't enough of a selling point, you'll also be supporting an upcoming local business whilst still acing your assignments. And if you start to feel a bit exhausted- which I certainly do after an hour or two of studying! - there's a wide selection of board games at your disposal to brighten your mood.

Beanberry Coffee Company, Fife Rd
Where you're a secret coffee snob or a general coffee lover, Beanberry Coffee Company on Fife Road might just be the one for you. These artisan coffee roasters are considered one of the best hidden gems of the Kingston area, with the sleek, industrial decor creating a cool and relaxed atmosphere perfect for studying. You'll probably rack your brain harder deciding which coffee you want to order than on your assignments themselves!

Kingston Hill Library, KH Campus
As a KSA student, the libraries at Knight's Park and Penrhyn Road have naturally become my go-tos, whether that's for printing or just hanging out between classes. Unfortunately, this means I sometimes don't see them as 'study' environments, so I've found that going to libraries on different KU campuses really helps focus my attention on whatever task I have at hand. If you think you might be the same, hop on the free inter-site bus and head to a campus library you don't typically go to - you'll be surprised at how much you get done! I've also come to really love the Kingston Hill Library's chill atmosphere and layout, so it's definitely one I recommend checking out. :smile:

What are your top study spots in Kingston? Are they much different, or do you have a few hidden Kingston gems you like keeping to yourself?

- Eve (Kingston Rep).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending