The Student Room Group

Second bachelor in Architecture

I am an international student who graduated with 2:1 from LSE in 2022 in humanities, but have been reconsidering my career choices and realised that I am truly passionate about pursuing architecture.

I received a total of 38 points for my IB diploma with 766 for my HL with Art and Design in my higher, and I have studied Maths and Physics at SL level. I have been working on my portfolio, taking a full time study course in design. What is the likelihood of getting into a competitive BArch program, having already had one degree in a different subject?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
The biggest problem you will have as an International student is getting a student visa for a second UK undergraduate degree.
Reply 2
Hey, thank you so much for your reply. I understand that usually, I would need to show academic progression to apply for my next study. However, I read the caseworker guidance for student visa:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1170942/Student_and_Child_Student.pdf
and they said that "student application from overseas are not required to show academic progression, so the casework does not need to ensure that the new course is at a higher level than the student's previous course in the UK." Am I right in thinking that this is the biggest barrier to getting a second UK student visa?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending