The Student Room Group

Physics revision

Hi, I’m currently doing higher physics and I’ve been getting really bad marks (failing or D’s) in tests even after I do practice questions and looking at the course. Is anyone able to help me?
Look over the fundamentals and understand what everything means properly
then go and attempt questions
Reply 2
Original post by Dawudk
Hi, I’m currently doing higher physics and I’ve been getting really bad marks (failing or D’s) in tests even after I do practice questions and looking at the course. Is anyone able to help me?

for learning and revising the course use websites like bbc bitesize and youtube, then once you have understood a topic do past paper questions and target your weak points, make sure to go over everything and have a good understanding and you will do fine
Original post by Dawudk

I have personally have just done lots and lots of past papers. While also putting some YouTube videos about the topic. If I really don't understand it. I recommend to watch Mr Mitchell Physics and Mr Smith's Physics online.
Original post by Dawudk

hi!! i'm gonna be straight with you and let you know that when it comes to the wordy questions in gcse physics, they're just straight up weird. if you're intelligent, when it comes to the 3 and 4 markers, you can just add up the 1 or 2 marks you're getting in them to get a high grade. the most important thing though would instead be your maths, so make sure you understand whats going on with each component, vector and scalar!

a lot of the time though, you can learn from the mark scheme when you've done badly on a question. it might be worth learning the content properly through that, as well as not only looking at the course, but thoroughly engaging with it by making your own, personalised notes you can refer to with ease, and learning to quickly recall content when being asked more vague questions - this is called active recall and is the key to succeeding with your exams. this is pretty helpful with more writing based questions, and general content-heavy sections.

please don't hesistate to ask if you have any more questions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending