The Student Room Group

Brampton Manor admissions

Hi, If you do average in ur November mocks but get a few 8s and 9s will this affect if I’ll get in or not or do I still have a chance of getting in.

Any advice from current Brampton students would be great
Original post by ibbyndow
Hi, If you do average in ur November mocks but get a few 8s and 9s will this affect if I’ll get in or not or do I still have a chance of getting in.

Any advice from current Brampton students would be great

Honestly i don't think it should affect your chances too much, i think Brampton focuses more on the grades you actually achieved in your real GCSEs, mocks is just there to give an overview of your current capabilities in your subjects and if you are able to do your chosen A levels in the future (they also use these grades to slim down the number of admissions but you should be fine). When i applied my predicted grades were not that good (my highest grade being a 9 in Spanish ☹️ ) but because of my great GCSE results i got accepted.

So considering that you are achieving a few 9s at this stage and that you will (hopefully) get better when your exams come i think you have a great chance of getting in :smile:
This doesn't mean that you should take your future mocks and real exams lightly, to improve you will have to revise and be consistently improving [whilst taking your well deserved breaks in between!] in order to get all those 9s that you desire - I suggest doing past exam papers and use the Cognito website and freesciencelessons for science. (btw i'm not saying to start revising 9 hours a day, even if you do 2 or 3 hours a day and stay consistent you should see some improvements)

Hopefully this helped!!
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending