The Student Room Group

Schools/colleges that accept private exam candidates

I’m currently self-studying an English Literature A level, and I was wondering which schools/colleges in the Yorkshire area accept private exam candidates?
Original post by Lauren 28119
I’m currently self-studying an English Literature A level, and I was wondering which schools/colleges in the Yorkshire area accept private exam candidates?

This depends more on the exam centres approved by the exam board that you intend to do your exams with.

If you can give me the name of your exam board and an approximate working postcode, I would be able to help advise. Otherwise I can give you the instructions to do this based on your exam board.
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
This depends more on the exam centres approved by the exam board that you intend to do your exams with.

If you can give me the name of your exam board and an approximate working postcode, I would be able to help advise. Otherwise I can give you the instructions to do this based on your exam board.

It’s AQA A level literature, and I’m looking for anywhere at all in Yorkshire. I obviously can’t post my postcode on here, but I’m within the Barnsley area - S70. I’m only interested in schools/colleges as the exam centre is too expensive. Thanks
Original post by Lauren 28119
It’s AQA A level literature, and I’m looking for anywhere at all in Yorkshire. I obviously can’t post my postcode on here, but I’m within the Barnsley area - S70. I’m only interested in schools/colleges as the exam centre is too expensive. Thanks

See the following approved centres by AQA:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/student-and-parent-support/private-candidates/finding-a-school-or-college#yorkshire_66819
Note, most of these listed are schools and colleges. There are private exam centres, but they should be considered a last resort.

The problem with Literature is that there's an NEA component:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/student-and-parent-support/private-candidates/subjects-and-qualifications/as-and-a-level

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a list of approved centres that explicitly states that they cover the NEA component (7712/C), so you would need to check with each of the centres local to you yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest