The Student Room Group

Gcse revision

Hi! I am in year 10 and was wondering when people would recommend starting to revise for GCSEs? I'm trying to revise at the end of each topic but is this enough? should I have a study schedule already?
Reply 1
Original post by Eva:))))
Hi! I am in year 10 and was wondering when people would recommend starting to revise for GCSEs? I'm trying to revise at the end of each topic but is this enough? should I have a study schedule already?

If you've only just started year 10 there's not gonna be much to study, but definately continue going over topics when they are finished. Maybe also go back to the older topics repetitively just so you don't forget content. I think you should also make sure that you revise year 9 content too because a lot of that stuff links to what you will be given in exams.

I think that revising at the end of each topic is good- if you have time you should also read ahead for the future topics so that your class time will be spent really understanding the work as you've gone over it at home already.

I dont think you really need to stress at this point in time though. A revision schedule would be good tho as you need to be getting used to constant revision so i would definatley reccomend creating a revision schedual/timetable/calendar. It will help so much when mocks come around when you need to be studying for every thing in every subject.

Hope this helped.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Cia25
If you've only just started year 10 there's not gonna be much to study, but definately continue going over topics when they are finished. Maybe also go back to the older topics repetitively just so you don't forget content. I think you should also make sure that you revise year 9 content too because a lot of that stuff links to what you will be given in exams.

I think that revising at the end of each topic is good- if you have time you should also read ahead for the future topics so that your class time will be spent really understanding the work as you've gone over it at home already.

I dont think you really need to stress at this point in time though. A revision schedule would be good tho as you need to be getting used to constant revision so i would definatley reccomend creating a revision schedual/timetable/calendar. It will help so much when mocks come around when you need to be studying for every thing in every subject.

Hope this helped.

thanks so much that is super helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest