The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Finance at strathclyde University

Hi,
I'm looking for some feedback about this course - anyone recently graduated? Or currently studying there?
Is Strathclyde a prestigious uni for this subject?
Thanks
Original post by lindseywalsh
Hi,
I'm looking for some feedback about this course - anyone recently graduated? Or currently studying there?
Is Strathclyde a prestigious uni for this subject?
Thanks

Hey @lindseywalsh :biggrin:

I'd say we definitely have a strong rep for Finance. We've been recognised in some rankings (2nd in the UK for Accounting & Finance (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023)), and the business school holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA) showing the Business School's prestige :smile: Our Business School is known for its strong degrees and reputation for working with industry partners. Glasgow is also a great place to base yourself for a Finance degree given there's a large financial district (for example Barclays have just built a large campus here).

Is it Undergraduate or Postgraduate study you're applying for? You may be able to find students currently studying the course on our Unibuddy platform here: Chat to a student ambassador | University of Strathclyde :smile: That can be really useful for putting you in touch with current students.

Hope that helps a bit but let me know if you've any other questions!

Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hey @lindseywalsh :biggrin:
I'd say we definitely have a strong rep for Finance. We've been recognised in some rankings (2nd in the UK for Accounting & Finance (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023)), and the business school holds a triple accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA) showing the Business School's prestige :smile: Our Business School is known for its strong degrees and reputation for working with industry partners. Glasgow is also a great place to base yourself for a Finance degree given there's a large financial district (for example Barclays have just built a large campus here).
Is it Undergraduate or Postgraduate study you're applying for? You may be able to find students currently studying the course on our Unibuddy platform here: Chat to a student ambassador | University of Strathclyde :smile: That can be really useful for putting you in touch with current students.
Hope that helps a bit but let me know if you've any other questions!

Hi Caitlin

It’s undergrad. Also am from England - is uni quite diverse?
Original post by lindseywalsh
Hi Caitlin
It’s undergrad. Also am from England - is uni quite diverse?

Hi @lindseywalsh Yes I'd say so! Around 10% of our Undergraduate population comes from the 'Rest of the UK' and this grows year on year, so you wouldn't be the only one making the move from England :smile: We're also diverse in the sense that we've a large student population and our students come from over 140 countries so we have a vibrant and diverse student body overall.

Thankyou !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending