The Student Room Group

B in pure maths A levels

any good uni in europe accepts "B" in pure math 1 and pure math 2?
Reply 1
For which degree subject?

And what are you other grades/subjects?

And do you mean UK or literally 'Europe'.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
For which degree subject?

And what are you other grades/subjects?

And do you mean UK or literally 'Europe'.

uk and literally "europe" both. I have only p1 and p2 exams for now and my predicted grades are B's. I wanted to study any stem subject/engineering. I have physics chem and pure maths for a lvls. But I guess I cant get any good subject/good uni as Ive B's.
Reply 4

I have checked just now cause my eyes were on exeter and edinburgh that they accept B's and even C's. Do you think I might have a chance? Please feel free to correct me.
Exeter normally requires A* or As for most courses other than UK students entitled to contextual offer. A B in Maths is sometimes a requirement but other subjects would need to be an A or higher. What course are you looking at.
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
Exeter normally requires A* or As for most courses other than UK students entitled to contextual offer. A B in Maths is sometimes a requirement but other subjects would need to be an A or higher. What course are you looking at.

At this point any course where they accept B's. I was looking at unis from netherlands/finland etc most of their courses are in their native language. Sorry for being so ignorant I know I can just google all of these but as a newbie I trust my fellow student room users more as they might have first hand experience and guide me. ❤️
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by srellasrella
I have checked just now cause my eyes were on exeter and edinburgh that they accept B's and even C's. Do you think I might have a chance? Please feel free to correct me.

If you match the entry requirements - apply.
Just make sure that any 'lower grade' offer actually applies to you as an overseas applicant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending