The Student Room Group

Personal Statement via AI

Hi, I'm considering using AI to support me I writing my Econ PS. Do you think university's admissions system can detect AI-written PS?
Reply 1
Original post by spaceman99
Hi, I'm considering using AI to support me I writing my Econ PS. Do you think university's admissions system can detect AI-written PS?

Yes, they absolutely can and if they do, they probably won't consider your application. Personally, I would advise against using AI for your personal statement since your personal statement is about YOU 🙂. AI technology is still limited, so even if you did, it's going to make mistakes which is easy to overlook and your application wouldn't look good!
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by spaceman99

i think using it to gain ideas e.g putting in your achievement and asking chat GPT what skill this shows can help you get ideas on what to write. but definitely dont get it to write it for you because universities can detect it, also if you make an AI generated personal statement it is going to be the most generic thing ever

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending