The Student Room Group

applying for two courses at uni HELPPP

i want to do either audiology or optometry at university, i want to apply to both of them together, how can i make my personal statement fit both? and will this make me less likely to get into the university ?
Original post by madina008
i want to do either audiology or optometry at university, i want to apply to both of them together, how can i make my personal statement fit both? and will this make me less likely to get into the university ?

Hiya,

I'm currently a 3rd year astrophysics and cosmology student at Lancaster Uni and you can definitely apply to different courses with the same personal statement, as long as you mention things about both subjects that interest you or that you have done surrounding them. It helps if both subjects are similar so you have crossovers, but there are deifnitely ways to incorporate both subjects if you want to apply to both. It wont make you less likely to get into uni if you make sure you mention both subjects evenly and I highly recommend having either a teacher or someone similar who has experience writing personal statements in that subject area at school or college to read over your statement to make sure it covers both subject areas you wish to pursue.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
Arya (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 2

The eldest applied to Lancaster with Physic, Particle Physics and Cosmology, and Physics with Astrophysics as the other. She got offers in both. As your subjects are closely linked, eyes and ears by nerves anyway, I cant really see it being too much of a problem, and you should be able to tie both up in your personal statement by mentioning both. You can mention something in your statement you like on optometry and another in audiology so it covers both topics.

The youngest mentioned in hers that she liked reading a piece on how (a certain disease name) can be spread amongst (certain animal type here .........) and would like to to persue transmittable diseases in animals further (zoology degree). Then she went on to say how she went to a particular place and saw how some animals were responding to operant conditioning (animal behaviour degree). Sorry cant draw on too much detail because of her application. This was to apply for zoology courses and animal behaviour.

I’m literally in the same position as you😭😭. I’m applying for both cuz i don’t think I’ll get AAA which optom need

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending