The Student Room Group

Coventry University or De Montfort University for Ethical Hacking/ Cyber Security

Which university would you say has better modules and does the course better, also in generally which one do you think is better for a computing course like Cyber Security and which has better IT resources and better computer labs.

Can anyone here speak from experiences?
Original post by apparentlyhero
Which university would you say has better modules and does the course better, also in generally which one do you think is better for a computing course like Cyber Security and which has better IT resources and better computer labs.

Can anyone here speak from experiences?

Hopefully @Coventry University Student Ambassadors and @De Montfort University can tell you a bit about the IT resources and computer labs.

For course modules, the best thing you can do is look in detail at both websites and see which modules appeal to you more. Remember they're only indicators, as staff do change/go on research leave so some modules may be unavailable.
Original post by 04MR17
Hopefully @Coventry University Student Ambassadors and @De Montfort University can tell you a bit about the IT resources and computer labs.

For course modules, the best thing you can do is look in detail at both websites and see which modules appeal to you more. Remember they're only indicators, as staff do change/go on research leave so some modules may be unavailable.

Hi @04MR17 and @apparentlyhero :smile:

As a second year cyber security student I am more than happy to share with you my experience at DMU.

Firstly, DMU has introduced block teaching. So now we study one subject at a time in a cohesive manner, so you can see how one module is built up on others modules. Also, you have a few small sets of exams throughout the year rather than one huge stressful period at the end of the year. And I find it fascinating !

Speaking of facilities, we have mock SOC (security operations centre), multiple modern computer labs with dual boot computers and wide and nice lecture theatres available for students all year.

Also we get free access to LinkedIn learning with thousands of courses on every topic imaginable with certificates afterwards.

Course content has been reviewed and accredited by BCS The Chartered Institute for IT.

DMU has been recognised for conducting world-leading cyber security research, having been named the East Midlands’ first ‘Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research’.

And our diamond is DMU Hackers. This is a student society that is just fascinating. There hundreds of event throughout the year, such as capture the flag, blue team vs red team, etc. DMU Hackers have instagram and website so you are more than welcome to take a look :smile:

Overall, if you have any other questions to me, you are more than welcome to leave us a massage on our page, and we will get back to you !
And I also want to remind you that clearing is still open, so if you haven't applied through the main cycle, you still have a chance to join us in our friendly community :wink:

Thanks,

- Ilya :u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending