The Student Room Group

2024 A level revision

Hi all,
I'd just like some thoughts on my revision plan.

Currently going over all the content for my three subjects (Business, Economics (using Uplearn), French) and will hopefully have completed recapping everything by early to mid February then just plan on doing a past paper a day per subject up to the exams and making sure to go over whatever I don't do well on.

Is this a good plan? Any thoughts or criticism is appreciated.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by andrewarpr
Hi all,
I'd just like some thoughts on my revision plan.

Currently going over all the content for my three subjects (Business, Economics (using Uplearn), French) and will hopefully have completed recapping everything by early to mid February then just plan on doing a past paper a day per subject up to the exams and making sure to go over whatever I don't do well on.

Is this a good plan? Any thoughts or criticism is appreciated.

Hi @andrewarpr

This sounds like a great and well-thought-out plan.

One suggestion I have is to make sure you are not just recapping the content without actively engaging with the content. For example, just reading and making notes from your textbooks is not usually enough. Instead, try actively recalling everything you know first, essentially retrieving the information you know from your brain, this helps you find the gaps in your knowledge. And then you do it all over again, recapping everything you know (this time with, hopefully, your new knowledge) and finding the gaps.

If you are curious about this method I would encourage you to do some research on it. There are loads of videos on YouTube:smile:

Wishing you all the best!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @andrewarpr

This sounds like a great and well-thought-out plan.*

One suggestion I have is to make sure you are not just recapping the content without actively engaging with the content. For example, just reading and making notes from your textbooks is not usually enough. Instead, try actively recalling everything you know first, essentially retrieving the information you know from your brain, this helps you find the gaps in your knowledge. And then you do it all over again, recapping everything you know (this time with, hopefully, your new knowledge) and finding the gaps.

If you are curious about this method I would encourage you to do some research on it. There are loads of videos on YouTube:smile:

Wishing you all the best!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

Thanks for your reply, i will definitely look into this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest