The Student Room Group

Choice of Uni Course

Hello - looking for a highly regarded business and management course which would suit my son. He would prefer a course with lots of project and team work and not a just theory/quantitative. Grades are likely to be ABB-BBC so not just Russell Group.
Original post by DDAANN7111
Hello - looking for a highly regarded business and management course which would suit my son. He would prefer a course with lots of project and team work and not a just theory/quantitative. Grades are likely to be ABB-BBC so not just Russell Group.

Perhaps he could research this as a project?
Reply 2
Ideally yes. I’ve asked him to do this (repeatedly!) but he has his head in the sand so I wanted to give him a shortlist to read.
(edited 5 months ago)
Ideally yes. I’ve asked him to do this (repeatedly!) but he has his head in the sand so I wanted to give him a shortlist to read.

Well, he won't succeed wherever he goes unless he gets some self motivation.
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Well, he won't succeed wherever he goes unless he gets some self motivation.

I know this.
I know this.

😟😟
What year is he in? I tend to agree with the other person that's posted - it's a big decision (including financially) and he needs to take ownership. That said, I had a similar situation with my son last year when in Yr12 and he wasn't really sure what he wanted to do and a bit daunted I think. The turning point was just taking him to a load of uni open days. It made all the difference; he could see what it would be like, learnt more about the subject options etc. and what grades he needed. Fast forward a few months and he's clear on what he wants to study and where he'd be happy studying ,- UCAS form is in and he has a couple of offers already.
Reply 7
We have tried encouraging him to go to open days. We have also suggested if he’s not sure he can take a gap year but he wants to go to Uni as all his mates are going and he would be left at home. So I think it’s for the wrong reasons. He is bright and is at grammar school but doesn’t revise. It’s hard to know what to do. I’m not sure Uni is even the right route for him. Edit - he is in Year 13. Doesn’t want to do a gap year or apprenticeship.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Charlie_dent
What year is he in? I tend to agree with the other person that's posted - it's a big decision (including financially) and he needs to take ownership. That said, I had a similar situation with my son last year when in Yr12 and he wasn't really sure what he wanted to do and a bit daunted I think. The turning point was just taking him to a load of uni open days. It made all the difference; he could see what it would be like, learnt more about the subject options etc. and what grades he needed. Fast forward a few months and he's clear on what he wants to study and where he'd be happy studying ,- UCAS form is in and he has a couple of offers already.

Glad your son has found pathway and has some offers. Good luck to him in his A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending