The Student Room Group

Firm choices for Uni

When do I choose a university as my firm choice? I have received all of my offers but I don't know how to actually put one as my firm choice. Thank you!
(edited 1 month ago)
Several considerations to think carefully about -

Which course interests you the most - look at the optional unit choices for all years of each course. It wont matter how fab the Uni is if what you are studying every day is boring.

What size Uni will suit you and your interests/needs/personality best.

Where can you afford to live.

What is a realistic Firm choice given how you know you are now working and what your likely grades will be.

Make sure your Insurance is still a Uni you would be happy to go to should things do not go to plan in August.

Are any holding offer holders days?
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Several considerations to think carefully about -

Which course interests you the most - look at the optional unit choices for all years of each course. It wont matter how fab the Uni is if what you are studying every day is boring.

What size Uni will suit you and your interests/needs/personality best.

Where can you afford to live.

What is a realistic Firm choice given how you know you are now working and what your likely grades will be.

Make sure your Insurance is still a Uni you would be happy to go to should things do not go to plan in August.

Thank you for your reply. What I mean is, do I need to send the Uni a confirmation somehow that I have them as my firm choice? Is there a button I need to click on UCAS?
You make this choice on UCAS Hub once you have all your choices and you have thought carefully about what you want to do, and why. Remember you can only make this choice once - your other offers will all then disappear, and you can't get them back. Do not rush into this. And no, you do not need to contact your Unis - UCAS will do this.

Read - Replying to offers your questions answered | Undergraduate | UCAS
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
You make this choice on UCAS Hub once you have all your choices and you have thought carefully about what you want to do, and why. Remember you can only make this choice once - your other offers will all then disappear, and you can't get them back. Do not rush into this. And no, you do not need to contact your Unis - UCAS will do this.
Read - Replying to offers your questions answered | Undergraduate | UCAS
Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending