The Student Room Group

Are my qualifications wrong or do they not want to hire me?

I applied for an apprenticeship at the BBC which is for graduates. They sent my friend and I an email saying we didn’t meet the eligibility requirements for them to give either of us the position, but my other friend got in even though we all basically have the same experience and qualifications. The only thing I don’t have is a math qualification, but considering my friend (who didn’t get in) has an A, and I’m graduating with a degree, I can’t imagine that’s the deciding factor. I’m confused about whether this means they just don’t want to hire me because I’m not suited to the role, or if I’ve did something wrong on my application and they genuinely think I don’t have the correct qualifications. I’ve emailed them about it and they just told me that I didn’t meet the requirements for the role and told me to look on their website to check which roles I’m able to apply to. I’m just super confused, if they don’t want to hire me that’s fine, but just the wording of it has me baffled about what’s actually wrong and they can’t seem to give me an answer other than I don’t meet the eligibility requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest