The Student Room Group

KCL or Queen Mary’s UCAS

should I apply to KCL Social sciences or QMUL global development
Original post by muna.okorie
should I apply to KCL Social sciences or QMUL global development

Given that you've provided absolutely no further information (your predicted grades, your career ambitions, what you're looking for in a uni, etc.) that's an impossible question to answer.

Ignoring the uni, which course do you prefer?
Reply 2
I’m predicted AAA and I’m looking for a uni which has good employability
I’m predicted AAA and I’m looking for a uni which has good employability

Based upon that single criterion, you should choose Social Sciences at KCL rather than Global Development at QMUL.

Sixth months after having graduated, 95% of KCL's Social Sciences graduates are employed or in further education, compared with 92-94% of QMUL's Global Development graduates. Also, KCL's Social Sciences graduates have median earning of 34K three years after graduating, compared with QMUL's Global Development graduates at £27-31K. (Sources: Social Sciences at KCL and Global Development at QMUL. Note that the QMUL figures are provided for "Human geography", "Politics" and "International development" generally, via different tabs, as there is not enough data for Global Development specifically.)

Warning: Choosing a course and a uni based upon one single criterion - good employability in this case - is never wise.
Reply 4
Thanks! Do you know which one i’m more likely to get an offer from?
Thanks! Do you know which one i’m more likely to get an offer from?

For Social Sciences at KCL they ask for AAB (one grade below your prediction), which is what their accepted students typically get. For Global Development at QMUL they ask for ABB (two grades below your prediction) but their accepted students typically get BBB. (Same sources as above.)

As you exceed the entry requirements for both, I'd have expected you to receive an offer from both (assuming your personal statement and reference are OK, and there are no issues with your A level subjects or GCSE grades). However, given the lower entry threshold and flexibility on achieved grades for Global Development at QMUL, then I'd say you're more likely to get an offer there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending