The Student Room Group

University of Oxford PGCE intake 2024-2025

Hello everyone I thought I would make a thread so that people can connect ready for the start of the course in September, and can share there updates regarding colleges, funding and other things.

I accepted a place on the mathematics pgce. I have not been sent the canvas login yet has anyone else?
Original post by Scary
Hello everyone I thought I would make a thread so that people can connect ready for the start of the course in September, and can share there updates regarding colleges, funding and other things.

I accepted a place on the mathematics pgce. I have not been sent the canvas login yet has anyone else?

@Scary

Well done and congratulations on getting your place. Do as much networking both with potential course-mates and others training with different providers is a great idea. Sharing lesson plans and resources is the best way to reduce workload and planning!

As you're going to be studying to become a Maths teacher, I would encourage you to keep an eye on the opening date of the Maths Scholarship (It's in Jan) If you are not successful in that application, don't worry, you'll get the bursary providing you meet student finance criteria and have a 2:2 or above in your degree. You won't need to apply for the bursary - Oxford will do the admin for that for you.

Student Finance England will open for loan applications in late Feb/early March. You need to claim for the UNDERGRAD loan for fees/maintenance, as opposed to the post-grad funding. I know that's non-sensical, but that's how it works!

Wishing you the best of time on your Teacher Training!

Jane
Original post by Scary

I had my canvas yesterday, and I created a WhatsApp group that we could share information.
HI! I just accepted my offer this morning, I'm a bit confused.... am I officially in or does it depend on my references and the further information requested?
Original post by AelinAshryver
HI! I just accepted my offer this morning, I'm a bit confused.... am I officially in or does it depend on my references and the further information requested?

Your offer could be conditional upon your grade but if you have achieved all grade requirements then it shouldn’t have any problem.
Reply 5
Congratulations all on getting your places, could I please ask what the advantage of getting a PGCE from Cam is? I know it's supposed to be like medicine where all qualifications are equal, but is there actually much difference in opportunity? Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Scary

Hi there! I was wondering if it would be possible to ask you a few questions ab the PGCE for Oxford?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending