The Student Room Group

Biology microscopy

I'm an Alevel Biology student and we've started cells

could anyone explain to me how to calibrate and eye piece graticule? An example would be great!

and a link to any exam questions on microscopy specifically i'm struggling to find some

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Student12vnf

could anyone explain to me how to calibrate and eye piece graticule? An example would be great!

and a link to any exam questions on microscopy specifically i'm struggling to find some

Thank you

I used this page to help me understand the calculations. If you need further questions, try your practical textbook or physics and maths tutor might have some questions dotted around in their practice questions for the practical element of the course.
Reply 2
Original post by HT_3105
I used this page to help me understand the calculations. If you need further questions, try your practical textbook or physics and maths tutor might have some questions dotted around in their practice questions for the practical element of the course.

Thank you soo much but the link isn't working
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3

Thank you
hi! sorry i know that this was posted 2 months ago but i have found a really good video about eye piece graticule calibration here: https://youtu.be/qtEpAJ7NK_w?si=z3g03zobiRseSHB0

if the link isnt working just search up on youtube "miss estruch eyepiece graticule" and the video should pop up. her channel is amazing for general biology a-level revision though, so i definitely recommend checking her out!
Reply 4
Original post by s3r3nn
hi! sorry i know that this was posted 2 months ago but i have found a really good video about eye piece graticule calibration here: https://youtu.be/qtEpAJ7NK_w?si=z3g03zobiRseSHB0

if the link isnt working just search up on youtube "miss estruch eyepiece graticule" and the video should pop up. her channel is amazing for general biology a-level revision though, so i definitely recommend checking her out!
Your a life saver thank you!
Reply 5
Your a life saver thank you!
its no problem!!! :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending