The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 Triple Higher Tier [16th May 2023] Exam Chat

Poll

How did the AQA Biology Higher Triple Paper 1 exam go for you?

AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 Higher Tier | 16th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information

Date/Time: 16th May 2023 AM
Length: 1h 45m

Link to Study Group:
GCSE Biology Study Group 2022-2023
Link to Master Thread:
GCSE Exam Discussions 2023

Remember to stick to forum rules
Layout inspired by 5hyl33n
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

So excited for the exam!
hey does anyone. think it's possible to go up 2 grades in 3 weeks I was 4 or 5 marks off a grade 6 (so i got a grade 5 lol )in my biology paper 2 mock (back in mid -February) I would really like to do a level biology and the entry requirements at my 6th form college are grade 6 but i would like to get a grade 7 to get a better chance of getting in the college. Im constantly doing exam questions and flashcards, i feel as though maybe thats not enough
Original post by emmanuella15
hey does anyone. think it's possible to go up 2 grades in 3 weeks I was 4 or 5 marks off a grade 6 (so i got a grade 5 lol )in my biology paper 2 mock (back in mid -February) I would really like to do a level biology and the entry requirements at my 6th form college are grade 6 but i would like to get a grade 7 to get a better chance of getting in the college. Im constantly doing exam questions and flashcards, i feel as though maybe thats not enough

If you're constantly doing exam questions (under times conditions and getting over half correct) you've got a chance at getting a 7, and very likely a 6. Flashcards are perfect for recalling content, and I'd use websites like Cognito and PMT for exam questions by topic so that you're focusing on your weaknesses the most. There's not a whole lot more you can do really, so as long as you're consistent and working on bits you struggle with, you're set. Good luck!!
Reply 4
I'm so nervous 😭
Reply 5
Original post by TheBestOfAll
So excited for the exam!

II'm so nervous :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Inspectorr
II'm so nervous :frown:

I'm still not sure if I'm revising the correct topics.. Do you think monoclonal antibodies will come in the exam?
I'm still not sure if I'm revising the correct topics.. Do you think monoclonal antibodies will come in the exam?

Always safe to revise it. Because it is a triple topic, it could very likely turn up.
Reply 8
But I'm not doing triple..but yes I guess you're right just to be safe I should revise.
But I'm not doing triple..but yes I guess you're right just to be safe I should revise.

It may turn up but I would look at past papers and see how often they’ve put it. If they’ve had it every year, likelihood is it’s gonna be on the paper but if they’ve never had it/had it once or twice then it may turn up as a surprise question but looking at all the papers take a lot of time so I would revise anyway.
Reply 10

Monoclonal antibodies aren't a combined science topic so the chances of it coming up are exceptionally slim, I wouldn't waste time studying something you weren't taught and focus on combined topics. If you look up the spec on the AQA website, it should tell you which topics will come up for you
Reply 11
Thank you so much <3
I just looked up the sepc on on the website and got all the topics I need.. thankfully I've already revised them so shouldn't be a problem now. I appreciate your reply.

Original post by AmeenahHs
Monoclonal antibodies aren't a combined science topic so the chances of it coming up are exceptionally slim, I wouldn't waste time studying something you weren't taught and focus on combined topics. If you look up the spec on the AQA website, it should tell you which topics will come up for you

Are you doing AQA higher tier combined biology?

because there's a thread for AQA combined GCSE biology paper 1 here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7342810 (higher tier).

this thread is for triple
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Talkative Toad
Are you doing AQA higher tier combined biology?

because there's a thread for AQA combined GCSE biology paper 1 here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7342810 (higher tier).

No, I'm not doing combined science
No, I'm not doing combined science

so are you doing AQA Triple/Separate/Single science then? because if that's the case, you'd probably need to learn the topic
Reply 15
Thank you so much <3
I just looked up the sepc on on the website and got all the topics I need.. thankfully I've already revised them so shouldn't be a problem now. I appreciate your reply.

No worries :smile:
Reply 16
im so scared
Damn the GCSE exams are coming so quickly lol these two weeks going to go by very quickly.

Use the exam spec
Original post by JimmyJackwagons
Damn the GCSE exams are coming so quickly lol these two weeks going to go by very quickly.

Frr, we'll all end up stressing ourselves out if we acknowledge how fast it's actually going x_x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending