The Student Room Group

Memorising

How long does it take to learn a sub topic in biology so let’s say for microscopy? I usually memorise the content and then I close my textbook and on a word document write down everything I can remember from memory. I use a word document because it’s quicker and easier? This is GCSEs by the way. I have revised some topic I would say about 8 sub topic but that’s it. I have been revising maths as I don’t want to resit it. so how can I cover everything in just 2 days since the exams is on the 16th May
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
2 days is a concise amount of time, however, I would advise that you go through as many exam questions as you can during that time, especially for maths. Do one full paper, mark it and see where you went wrong. For the topics you got questions wrong in go over them and make a note next to the question in a different coloured pen explaining why the answer is what it is, look over your paper once more to ensure you remember what you should do next time and repeat. Learning from exam questions is a lot more helpful because you will be able to understand the language the examiner wants you to use to get the marks. However, for biology make sure you learn important cycles, equations and key terms because you won't be able to answer the question without knowing the content compared to maths. Also, when memorising processes for biology try and act like you're explaining it to someone else in simple terms.

I hope this helps, good luck with your exams :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by suzy23
How long does it take to learn a sub topic in biology so let’s say for microscopy? I usually memorise the content and then I close my textbook and on a word document write down everything I can remember from memory. I use a word document because it’s quicker and easier? This is GCSEs by the way. I have revised some topic I would say about 8 sub topic but that’s it. I have been revising maths as I don’t want to resit it. so how can I cover everything in just 2 days since the exams is on the 16th May

Heya!
Have you tried making flashcards using anki? That's what a lot of my friends do and find it helpful with remembering the material :h: Also make sure to do lots of practice questions! If it helps, Study Mind has lots of free resources you can use!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest