The Student Room Group

Confused with the BTEC level 3 IT unit 1 exam

Hi, I'm first year BTEC IT student and my teacher said that 45/90 is only a pass, whereas on the pearson grade boundaries it says its a distinction so If I got 45 in the real exam would I get a pass or a distinction?

Please anyone who does same course or knows about it, please let me know as soon as possible!
Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by UN59637886
Hi, I'm first year BTEC IT student and my teacher said that 45/90 is only a pass, whereas on the pearson grade boundaries it says its a distinction so If I got 45 in the real exam would I get a pass or a distinction?

Please anyone who does same course or knows about it, please let me know as soon as possible!
Thank you!

Hey! I am doing my second year in the same course

I was also confused with the Unit 1 exam, I have found that teachers often make grade boundaries harder to ensure you get that grade in the real exam. Grade boundaries also change depending on how many students do well in the exam

My best advice for getting a perfect grade is to look at past papers, I found the Pearson Official book useful, annoyingly it's only useable for the first year ☹️ https://amzn.eu/d/fNoar7L

Hope it's some help to you, let me know if you have any more questions 🙂
Original post by UN59637886

Thank you!

Perhaps your teacher is confused (or is trying to get you all to work harder). looking at the Grade boundaries the have been 45 or 48 /90 for a Distinction for the last three series, so work on that assumption.
Reply 3
Original post by bamtutor
Perhaps your teacher is confused (or is trying to get you all to work harder). looking at the Grade boundaries the have been 45 or 48 /90 for a Distinction for the last three series, so work on that assumption.

Ok thank you, I'm pretty sure it Is to make us work harder, i was just confused that the grade boundaries seem higher than the actual ones

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending