The Student Room Group

BBC Apprenticeship 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi - that would be super helpful thank you. Have to do the online interview in the next few days 😬
actual cheaters in here
do the interview blindly like everyone else has done.

stop asking for the questions. SMH.
Original post by _.cmcguire._
Nah only the first assessment

Exactly the same but for London!
Original post by apprentinsideryt
Hi all, I did the BBC online assessment and virtual interview last year. If you want, I can give some advice on my experience of the BBC online assessment, virtual interview and assessment centre stage - what to expect and the best strategy for succeeding at this stage. Also I can help with some values research which can help put you in the top group of candidates. If anyone is interested, just reply to this and I'll send it over

Hi, this is very nice of you. I would love to receive some information as well. Thank you so much!
Reply 64
Original post by LuisaPerez15
Hi, this is very nice of you. I would love to receive some information as well. Thank you so much!

If you check his previous replies he posted a link for his YouTube video 🙂 good luck!!
Original post by darpowska
If you check his previous replies he posted a link for his YouTube video 🙂 good luck!!

Hi, thank you so much, yes I found it and looking at it now 🙂 Good luck to you as well!
How did everyone find the interviews?
Hi all, I did the BBC online assessment and virtual interview last year. If you want, I can give some advice on my experience of the BBC online assessment, virtual interview and assessment centre stage - what to expect and the best strategy for succeeding at this stage. Also I can help with some values research which can help put you in the top group of candidates. If anyone is interested, just reply to this and I'll send it over

Hi I would be interested in this please.Thanks!
Reply 68
Original post by Student15!

Not done it yet 😁 preparing right now and I'll do it tomorrow 🤯 did you finish it? How did you find it?
Everyone here saying they have progressed to the interview stage, I have not received any email from them since the online assessment. I applied for the Data Science Apprenticeship and it would be helpful to know if there is someone in the same situation as me:-)
Original post by Student15!

what interview r u speakin about?

i swear there was no video interview for me, it was just 3 questions with a text reply.
How long did it take you guys to finish the HireVue interview?
Original post by debbieroo1434
How long did it take you guys to finish the HireVue interview?

It will vary depending on how many retakes, if any.
Reply 73
Original post by infiniiytytyi

what interview r u speakin about?

i swear there was no video interview for me, it was just 3 questions with a text reply.

I think it depends on what apprenticeship you applied for, mine was a mix of video and written
After the initial prep time given to answer a question does it automatically start filming your response? Is there a time limit as to how long you can take in between retakes?
Reply 75
Original post by debbieroo1434
After the initial prep time given to answer a question does it automatically start filming your response? Is there a time limit as to how long you can take in between retakes?

Hi Debbie, I recorded a BBC webinar which explains stages of assessment process - in one point it says - "Most of the questions will require you to record a video response, with some requiring a written response, Don't worry you'll be able to re-record your responses". As far as I understand you've got 10mins to prepare your video response but you can re-record your response as many times as you wish, but it kind of doesn't make sense a bit for me why then 10 mins needed to prepare if practically we can re-record whole day before we'll be ready to submit the best response? lol I'd like to know the answer for your question too.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by darpowska
Hi Debbie, I recorded a BBC webinar which explains stages of assessment process - in one point it says - "Most of the questions will require you to record a video response, with some requiring a written response, Don't worry you'll be able to re-record your responses". As far as I understand you've got 10mins to prepare your video response but you can re-record your response as many times as you wish, but it kind of doesn't make sense a bit for me why then 10 mins needed to prepare if practically we can re-record whole day before we'll be ready to submit the best response? lol I'd like to know the answer for your question too.

I read somewhere that you will be judged on the amount of time you take and retakes you do because they want to make the experience as authentic as possible so take huge breaks in between or multiple retakes is not recommended
Original post by Abu Ubaydah
Everyone here saying they have progressed to the interview stage, I have not received any email from them since the online assessment. I applied for the Data Science Apprenticeship and it would be helpful to know if there is someone in the same situation as me:-)

Hi, I just received the email for the next stage which is the video interview today, I have also applied to do the data science apprenticeship as well.

Hello, would it also be possible to get this information? I am currently researching for the video interview. Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!
Reply 79

Hi! I'd appreciate being sent some info on this please, particularly for the virtual interview :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending