The Student Room Group

can you go into chemical engineering with a chemistry degree

I was unable to take A-Level maths as my school refused to let me take it, so I took chem phys ancient history a level, I want to go into chemical engineering but can't apply for a straightforward degree. Is it possible to do masters in chem eng with a bachelors or masters in Chemistry, what's the best possible route?? Not being able to do maths has screwed my options quite a bit :frown:
Original post by myay11168
I was unable to take A-Level maths as my school refused to let me take it, so I took chem phys ancient history a level, I want to go into chemical engineering but can't apply for a straightforward degree. Is it possible to do masters in chem eng with a bachelors or masters in Chemistry, what's the best possible route?? Not being able to do maths has screwed my options quite a bit :frown:

Yes it's possible, but you'll be less competitive compared to those with a full engineering undergraduate degree in a field that is already quite competitive. If you know you want to do chemical engineering it's best to do a BEng or MEng degree in chemical engineering; this might require either a foundation year or resitting A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest