The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Social Work Interview at University of Bath

I have my interview soon and I'm a bit nervous because it is my first in-person interview.

I was just wondering if anyone who has already done their social work interview at Bath could share their experience and how it went.

I just want to hear stuff that can calm my nerves lol, especially because I will have to leave quite early (6am) to get to Bath in time for the interview so I don't really have much time before the interview to prepare, besides in the car.

Edit: forgot to mention but I was also hoping anyone could sort of, I know they can't actually say the questions, but maybe just say the type of the questions on the written test because this is also the first test where I have had to read an actual article for it.
(edited 3 months ago)
what date is urs? x
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by 18alexandra
what date is urs? x

ah its already passed, it was actually not that bad but my interviewers didnt write any notes down (even though they said they would) which made me nervous
Original post by biggaymer420
ah its already passed, it was actually not that bad but my interviewers didnt write any notes down (even though they said they would) which made me nervous

good luck!! if you don’t mind what sort of questions did they ask😭😭😭
Reply 5
Original post by 18alexandra
good luck!! if you don’t mind what sort of questions did they ask😭😭😭

well, they were your generic questions: why do you to be a social worker and why now? give an example of when you were in a team. that sort of stuff, my tip is basically to take any experience, most of mine were experiences i have from school bc i actually dont have any experience in volunteering or a job related to social work, and use them to prop up your answers to the questions. say you tell them you are caring, give an example of when you acted caring towards someone, could be personal, academic or work related. i say: examples, examples, examples

there was one question that tripped me up though which was when they asked me to tell the difference between social work and a different social service-y type of job (idk if i can be specific cause idk if theres rules abt sharing interview questions) so just know what a social worker really is and how it could differ from other jobs that are somewhat similar

edit: just want to wish you luck!! if its your first choice we might end up seeing each other, implying i get in as well lol
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by biggaymer420
well, they were your generic questions: why do you to be a social worker and why now? give an example of when you were in a team. that sort of stuff, my tip is basically to take any experience, most of mine were experiences i have from school bc i actually dont have any experience in volunteering or a job related to social work, and use them to prop up your answers to the questions. say you tell them you are caring, give an example of when you acted caring towards someone, could be personal, academic or work related. i say: examples, examples, examples

there was one question that tripped me up though which was when they asked me to tell the difference between social work and a different social service-y type of job (idk if i can be specific cause idk if theres rules abt sharing interview questions) so just know what a social worker really is and how it could differ from other jobs that are somewhat similar

edit: just want to wish you luck!! if its your first choice we might end up seeing each other, implying i get in as well lol

it’s my first choice too ahaha and thank you so much!! good luck!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest