The Student Room Group

Biomed at Ulster content

For anyone who has studied biomed at Ulster university, what is the content of first year like and is it heavily exam based/assignment based? Also is it considerably harder than alevel (or equivalent as im doing BTEC applied biomedical) standard? Thank you:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by zoewhite02
For anyone who has studied biomed at Ulster university, what is the content of first year like and is it heavily exam based/assignment based? Also is it considerably harder than alevel (or equivalent as im doing BTEC applied biomedical) standard? Thank you:smile:
Hi I'm currently a 2nd year. 1st year is so easy, some coursework but plenty of time to do it and nothing too challenging. You have some class tests but they're really not that bad. Only 1 proper exam, it's basically all multiple choice and the prof gives you a pile of hints. 2nd year is so hard though >-<
Reply 2
Original post by cowra
Hi I'm currently a 2nd year. 1st year is so easy, some coursework but plenty of time to do it and nothing too challenging. You have some class tests but they're really not that bad. Only 1 proper exam, it's basically all multiple choice and the prof gives you a pile of hints. 2nd year is so hard though >-<
thanks so much that gives some piece of mind, also what textbooks would you recommend for biomed? looking to start getting them early :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by zoewhite02
thanks so much that gives some piece of mind, also what textbooks would you recommend for biomed? looking to start getting them early :smile:
Honestly for first year, you genuinely don't need to buy any. You get really good notes from the lecturers but if you struggle with chemistry, an a-level chemistry textbook is really all you need. The library also has all the textbooks you need and you can rent them out for free for like 3 months. I can still give you recommendations if you like but they are very expensive and not worth it at all! 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending