The Student Room Group

Academic references from PGDL?

Hi all,

I am about to begin my PGDL at ULaw - I am interested in pursuing a MSc or LLM afterwards (not at ULaw).

These MSc / LLM programs all require multiple academic references - the problem is, I completed my undergrad over 10 years ago.

Is it common for PGDL students to ask professors / tutors from the PGDL program to write these references? Are there enough contact hours to build these relationships? Thank you.
Original post by hailmary
Hi all,

I am about to begin my PGDL at ULaw - I am interested in pursuing a MSc or LLM afterwards (not at ULaw).

These MSc / LLM programs all require multiple academic references - the problem is, I completed my undergrad over 10 years ago.

Is it common for PGDL students to ask professors / tutors from the PGDL program to write these references? Are there enough contact hours to build these relationships? Thank you.

Hi @hailmary

It is very common for PGDL students to ask their tutors from PGDL programmes for these references. Although there are fewer contact hours than in other courses/institutions, there is ample time and small class sizes to facilitate building the necessary relationship. On top of this, each student is given an academic tutor and this individual is their port of call for references of this nature. Therefore, you would be more than capable of acquiring individuals to act as referees when on the PGDL at ULaw.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending