The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Can I apply for a foundation year with only GCSEs?

Hello,

I am a 19 year old former A level student. I am interested in applying to Liverpool University for their foundation year + degree in Psychology, I have already written my personal statement and I am going to apply but I was wondering about my chances of getting in.

I have grade 9 for all my subjects in GCSE (with an 8 in English Lit+ Lang) and a BTEC Level 1 In Teamwork and Personal Skills for Uniformed Youth Organisations that I got from cadets. I studied A levels for one year getting a predicted A star for Chemistry, biology and Maths but I had to leave due to external circumstances and I had to get counselling for a year due to it. I wasnt sure what to do, so I tried an online A level college and an in person one to continue my A levels but it was a lot of money and I just realised that I dont like the subjects I chose.

I am really into psychology and I want to go into the investigative field, I have read books and I keep up to date with various crime videos during these past few months (Since June) as I have had more time to really look into what I want to study since leaving college and I decided that I do not want to wait to start my career. I have some work experience working in a lab, and volunteering in Cadets for many years (obtaining a Mayor Cadet role) and I was wondering if the aforementioned traits would be enough to get me into a foundation year given that I dont have A levels. I also still have references from my tutor back in Sixth form and I was also wondering if I could use it. I was also a student leader for chemistry there.

Im sorry that this is long and if it doesnt make any sense since im a little worried and I really want to get into this university.
Original post by Incogtomar
Hello,

I am a 19 year old former A level student. I am interested in applying to Liverpool University for their foundation year + degree in Psychology, I have already written my personal statement and I am going to apply but I was wondering about my chances of getting in.

I have grade 9 for all my subjects in GCSE (with an 8 in English Lit+ Lang) and a BTEC Level 1 In Teamwork and Personal Skills for Uniformed Youth Organisations that I got from cadets. I studied A levels for one year getting a predicted A star for Chemistry, biology and Maths but I had to leave due to external circumstances and I had to get counselling for a year due to it. I wasnt sure what to do, so I tried an online A level college and an in person one to continue my A levels but it was a lot of money and I just realised that I dont like the subjects I chose.

I am really into psychology and I want to go into the investigative field, I have read books and I keep up to date with various crime videos during these past few months (Since June) as I have had more time to really look into what I want to study since leaving college and I decided that I do not want to wait to start my career. I have some work experience working in a lab, and volunteering in Cadets for many years (obtaining a Mayor Cadet role) and I was wondering if the aforementioned traits would be enough to get me into a foundation year given that I dont have A levels. I also still have references from my tutor back in Sixth form and I was also wondering if I could use it. I was also a student leader for chemistry there.

Im sorry that this is long and if it doesnt make any sense since im a little worried and I really want to get into this university.

Have a read at the info below. You would study 2 years at Wirral Met plus 2 years at Liverpool. A levels not required but look at the entry requirements section.
https://www.wmc.ac.uk/courses/science/bsc-hons-psychology-2-2-j007?highlight=WyJwc3ljaG9sb2d5Il0=
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending