The Student Room Group

LNAT Prep for 2023/2024 - Using Arbitio

Hey all, I’m currently preparing for my LNAT exam in September and I have been using the Arbitio site. My average score has been around 20, and for the unis Im applying for I’m hoping to achieve late 20s, early 30s. I know the exam questions are styled to be a lot more difficult on Arbitio than the real thing, and they say their average score is 27 in LNAT (compared to 18.3 on the website), but how is this even calculated? I am a bit worried now that in the real thing, I’ll get the same scores as Arbitio. How much should I read into Arbitio results?
Hey! I only used Arbitio for 2 weeks to study for my LNAT averaging around 18 (my lowest being 13 and highest being 22), it is much harder than the real thing and it is true about their average score achieved. I got a 27 on my LNAT so do not worry, just keep on practising
and you will do well!
Original post by KianG
Hey all, I’m currently preparing for my LNAT exam in September and I have been using the Arbitio site. My average score has been around 20, and for the unis Im applying for I’m hoping to achieve late 20s, early 30s. I know the exam questions are styled to be a lot more difficult on Arbitio than the real thing, and they say their average score is 27 in LNAT (compared to 18.3 on the website), but how is this even calculated? I am a bit worried now that in the real thing, I’ll get the same scores as Arbitio. How much should I read into Arbitio results?

My avrg on Arbitio was 23 and I got 29, and I can most definitely confirm that Arbitio is harder than the real thing. Arbitio was full of Shakespeare and Pluto, but the first question on the real LNAT was on Bob Dylan. I was happy after the real thing, don't worry and keep using Arbitio to build up your skills.
Reply 3
Original post by toxicgamage56
My avrg on Arbitio was 23 and I got 29, and I can most definitely confirm that Arbitio is harder than the real thing. Arbitio was full of Shakespeare and Pluto, but the first question on the real LNAT was on Bob Dylan. I was happy after the real thing, don't worry and keep using Arbitio to build up your skills.

This is super reassuring, I have the same problem as I'm currently sitting at 18 on Arbitio and every mock I do doesn't seem to improve... I'm doing lots of practice, also doing ultimate LNAT and Mastering the LNAT (shepherd) but I got a 21 on the official past paper on the LNAT website :/ not super encouraging... hopefully the real LNAT will go better!
Reply 4
Original post by kenzaglen
This is super reassuring, I have the same problem as I'm currently sitting at 18 on Arbitio and every mock I do doesn't seem to improve... I'm doing lots of practice, also doing ultimate LNAT and Mastering the LNAT (shepherd) but I got a 21 on the official past paper on the LNAT website :/ not super encouraging... hopefully the real LNAT will go better!

Hi, I know u said u were going to sit the LNAT in September was just wondering whether you have done it yet and how you got on? If not yet then good luck and please update how it went
Reply 5
Original post by KianG

Anyone worried about score differences between Arbitio and LNAT should not be too concerned. Arbitio is harder, and is purposefully designed to be harder. I would add though that you should compare your Arbitio scores against the average user scores, and not consider your marks per se. It can seem from raw marks that you may not be improving, or getting worse, not considering the difficulty of the tests.
Reply 6
Original post by lunaisokay
Hey! I only used Arbitio for 2 weeks to study for my LNAT averaging around 18 (my lowest being 13 and highest being 22), it is much harder than the real thing and it is true about their average score achieved. I got a 27 on my LNAT so do not worry, just keep on practising
and you will do well!

If I have exactly a month to revise for it should I get the cram Arbitio or the master one
Original post by anvttaa
If I have exactly a month to revise for it should I get the cram Arbitio or the master one

Hey I got the master one and I revised in 3 weeks, I don’t think you get all the tests with the cram and I wanted to go over every test. If you search online arbitio discount code, a lot of people share 10% off codes which you can use!
Original post by KianG

Hi all!

I'm currently using LNAT ninja as my revision method for LNAT would you say the passages and questions are of a similar difficulty to the real thing as I have got 26 as my highest score and want to know if this is good compared to the actual exam
Reply 9
Original post by kenzaglen

FYI - ended up getting a 29 on the real thing. Arbitio definitely prepared me well, and I guess my advice to those taking their LNAT would be... it's not an exact science. Try your best with it, practice as much as you can, and it should go alright.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending