The Student Room Group

UNIQ 2024 Cohort

Dear Year 12s,
Welcome to the official forum for the UNIQ Cohort 2024! I'm so glad that you applied/are considering of applying to UNIQ this year! My name is Emmanuella from London and I applied to Linguistics for the 2023 summer school (tag me if you also end up applying to this course! :biggrin:) and I can say that I really enjoyed the experience! If you have any questions about the programme, you can also tag me and I will try my best to answer them. Meanwhile, here are some important links:

1) What is UNIQ? - What is UNIQ? - UNIQ (ox.ac.uk)
2) UNIQ Courses - UNIQ Courses - UNIQ (ox.ac.uk)
3) The Criteria (read carefully) - Who goes on UNIQ? - UNIQ (ox.ac.uk)
4) Start your application - UNIQ - University of Oxford

Also, these links may be helpful:
Key dates - Key Dates for UNIQ 2024 - UNIQ (ox.ac.uk)
What to expect from the programme (it's not just the summer school!) - UNIQ 2024 - UNIQ (ox.ac.uk)

ASK YOUR QUESTIONS: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7450486

I wish you all the best of luck with your applications,
Emmanuella :biggrin:
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Did not expect the application to be like that 😭😭
Reply 2
Original post by emm4nuella
Dear Year 12s,
Welcome to the official forum for the UNIQ Cohort 2024! I'm so glad that you applied/are considering of applying to UNIQ this year! My name is Emmanuella from London and I applied to Linguistics for the 2023 summer school (tag me if you also end up applying to this course! :biggrin:) and I can say that I really enjoyed the experience! If you have any questions about the programme, you can also tag me and I will try my best to answer them. Meanwhile, here are some important links:

1) What is UNIQ? - What is UNIQ? - UNIQ (ox.ac.uk)
2) UNIQ Courses - UNIQ Courses - UNIQ (ox.ac.uk)
3) The Criteria (read carefully) - Who goes on UNIQ? - UNIQ (ox.ac.uk)
4) Start your application - UNIQ - University of Oxford

Also, these links may be helpful:
Key dates - Key Dates for UNIQ 2024 - UNIQ (ox.ac.uk)
What to expect from the programme (it's not just the summer school!) - UNIQ 2024 - UNIQ (ox.ac.uk)

I wish you all the best of luck with your applications,
Emmanuella :biggrin:

when did u receive an email whether your application was successful or not :smile:
Original post by rrae-1
when did u receive an email whether your application was successful or not :smile:
i think around april
Says beginning March on website
Have the decisions gone out yet?
Original post by yourmywnderwall
Have the decisions gone out yet?

Nothing this end!
Original post by Educating Rita
Nothing this end!
Not for me yet, either! Anyone have any guesses of when in early March it'll be?
(edited 1 month ago)
I'm kind of nervous that I won't get in as I'm not in any of the prioritised groups. Does anyone know if they pretty much solely take people from those groups? (obviously, I totally get why they prioritise these groups, and I am in no way saying they shouldn't, I just don't really know how hopeful to be)
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm kind of nervous that I won't get in as I'm not in any of the prioritised groups. Does anyone know if they pretty much solely take people from those groups? (obviously, I totally get why they prioritise these groups, and I am in no way saying they shouldn't, I just don't really know how hopeful to be)

Yeah I applied for English with all 9s and 8s but I don't know if they'll take me either. While I do go to state school and am working class, my area is nicer than alot of other areas in town and I'm terrified they'll say no
if you guys have any general questions about uniq, feel free to ask ❤️
Uniq have an X page and in previous years this was updated on the day the decisions went out - roughly 4 weeks later. It’s been nearly 5 weeks now!
Uniq have an X page and in previous years this was updated on the day the decisions went out - roughly 4 weeks later. It’s been nearly 5 weeks now!

Have they updated the page yet?
This was a nice vlog about uniq last year https://youtu.be/5u_QU1jr7ko?feature=shared
will it be useful to mention in my ps if i'm not aiming for oxford? i want to do dentistry but i applied for the biochemistry strand and biomed strand as a back up
Not yet!

I hope decisions are soon, it might be Monday (it'd probably be unusual for them to do it over the weekend right?)
Original post by Anonymous #2
I hope decisions are soon, it might be Monday (it'd probably be unusual for them to do it over the weekend right?)
I'd be pretty surprised if it's over the weekend
Original post by Anonymous #2
well it says that the deadline for students accepting a uniq offer is mid march, so it makes sense that it would be next week!

Latest

Trending

Trending