The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Information on the Mitigating Circumstances form

Hello, I'm applying to Durham for Philosophy and Politics with A*A*A predicted grades (Econ, Politics, History), however, I suffered with severe anxiety and depression during GCSEs which led me to achieve 99754444, much worse than Intended.

All this information has been put in my reference, and in my UCAS extentuating circumstances section, but I saw Durham have a mitigating circumstances form you can fill out. However this form seems to be describing someone who has experienced things which will impact their current A level examinations, which can't be reported to examiners, can I use the same form? or is my reference/UCAS explanation enough?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by AhmedHelmyy
Hello, I'm applying to Durham for Philosophy and Politics with A*A*A predicted grades (Econ, Politics, History), however, I suffered with severe anxiety and depression during GCSEs which led me to achieve 99754444, much worse than Intended.

All this information has been put in my reference, and in my UCAS extentuating circumstances section, but I saw Durham have a mitigating circumstances form you can fill out. However this form seems to be describing someone who has experienced things which will impact their current A level examinations, which can't be reported to examiners, can I use the same form? or is my reference/UCAS explanation enough?

Hiya

For mitigating circumstances during GCSEs, it is usually expected that this information is written in your reference and the UCAS application. Since the form is only for circumstances which could not be reported to the examiners and as I understand your circumstances were reported, you don't need to fill out this form :smile:

However, if you need to be super sure, feel free to reach out to the admissions team after Jan 2nd as they will resume operations then.

-Himieka
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest