The Student Room Group

CONTEXTUAL if sick

Hope you are well I need to ask a question if a student is hospitalised for 4 months for life threatening covid condition does that student comes in care category for contextual please guide if yes should we need to inform the universities applied or UCAS Your help and guidance is extremely important
Regards
Hope you are well I need to ask a question if a student is hospitalised for 4 months for life threatening covid condition does that student comes in care category for contextual please guide if yes should we need to inform the universities applied or UCAS Your help and guidance is extremely important
Regards
Original post by shahzadi_
Regards

Contextual offers are more about lowering offer requirements for applicants from deprived areas / less mobile socio-economic backgrounds.

Long term illness would fall under mitigating circumstances. If the reference has not aready included this, (and it should), then I would google the respective uni names + "mitigating circumstances" to find out if they have a process for submitting this info outside of UCAS.
Original post by shahzadi_
Regards

Every university has its own rules as to who qualifies for a contextual offer. I can't imagine any would consider being hospitalised for an extended period as being "in care", which would typically mean that the student was being looked after by the local authority.

However, it may fit some other criterion. You'd need to check with each uni, unfortunately.
Reply 4
In care means children in “social care” not living with parents or relatives not under nhs care in hospital

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending