The Student Room Group

University Decision

I have got offers from both Istituto Marangoni london and Ravensbourne University london for Fashion Design. i am confused which uni should i go for?
Reply 1
Original post by AreebahAnwaar
I have got offers from both Istituto Marangoni london and Ravensbourne University london for Fashion Design. i am confused which uni should i go for?

Make a pros and cons list of each institution: modules, work experience/internships, social life, societies, location, facilities, etc
These are just examples you can use whatever factors are most important to you

Hi @AreebahAnwaar,

Congratulations on your offers! Although I don't have any specific advice for these two unis I can give some general advice based on my experiences.

I'm currently a second year at Lancaster University and I love it here. When I was deciding where to go I found it difficult to decide where to go but the number one most useful thing I did was go to open days and visit the uni and departments that I was interested in. It really helps you to get a feel for the uni and where you can see yourself. After all, you are going to be there for at least three years.

Additionally, I looked really in depth at what the course covered, how it was taught and how many contact hours I would have because every uni varies on this. Also, I knew I was there for the degree mainly so wanted to make sure the quality of the course and the teaching was good. Sometimes league tables can also help you find some of this information. However, I wouldn't use league tables for all your decision making because there are other things that they don't cover.

Finally, I think it's important to look at what extras the uni has to offer. Societies, the student union and employment are all big parts of uni life for the most part and have helped make the uni experience what it has been for me. So if you're interested in extra curriculars have a look at those things for sure.

Hope this helps
-Beth (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi @AreebahAnwaar,

Congratulations on both your offers- that is great news! I would also echo what's been said. Making a pros and cons list of both courses taught at both universities might help you to compare and see which one aligns with your values, your goals and has the right environment for you to have a great university experience and beyond.

I can't speak much about the Fashion Design course taught at Istituto Marangoni but I do have knowledge of the Fashion Design course at Ravensbourne. Our Fashion degree course has a high-employable graduate rate. It's one of the top student-accredited fashion design courses in the country, with 93% student satisfaction.

The course is very practical and allows you access to the industry through working on live project briefs some set by industry professionals. In your first term, you'll receive help to secure a work-based learning opportunity. Students have previously secured work-based learning opportunities in London, Antwerp, Paris, Milan and New York. They’ve worked at fashion brands, including Givenchy, Viktor & Rolf, AF Vandevorst, Haider Ackermann and Calvin Klein. Lastly, for the last couple of years, our Fashion students have been among very few universities to be selected to showcase their work at London Fashion Week. In a very competitive sector, this is a great opportunity to put in your portfolio once you graduate. You can take a look at our Instagram or our website for the latest news about our student's work and hear directly from them about London & Paris Fashion Week here: https://www.ravensbourne.ac.uk/people-and-stories/blog/student/reflections-london-and-paris-fashion-week-2023.

Hopefully, that gives you a little more insight into what the course would look like. Please feel free to ask any more questions about general student life, the campus or anything else.

I'm happy to help support you in your decision-making process, whatever you decide!:h:

Ravensbourne University London
Almasi (;

Quick Reply

Latest