The Student Room Group

Gcse Geography Questions

Hi, so basically I am revising for my mocks in a few weeks, and I have made flashcards on all the topics, been through them, made specific statistic flashcards for case studies, but I feel like when I mark my papers I am around 70%. So I'm not sure whether this is a good idea but do you think it's a good idea to update my quizlets with really specific info from mark schemes if there is a question about something eg longshore drift? Does this seem like a waste of time and I should instead look over exemplar questions etc ? I'd preferably like to be getting scores above 90% if possible eg it's fine if not but I really want to try and secure myself a 9 if I can by the summer. Thanks so much !! :smile:
Another question I have is if it's completely ok to use facts from case studies that are old, since they are on the spec even if they are outdated, as some things haven't been updated for a really long time eg the population in Lagos Africa or London, so should I look and research more modern info on that because obviously it has changed ?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by libbbyy
Hi, so basically I am revising for my mocks in a few weeks, and I have made flashcards on all the topics, been through them, made specific statistic flashcards for case studies, but I feel like when I mark my papers I am around 70%. So I'm not sure whether this is a good idea but do you think it's a good idea to update my quizlets with really specific info from mark schemes if there is a question about something eg longshore drift? Does this seem like a waste of time and I should instead look over exemplar questions etc ? I'd preferably like to be getting scores above 90% if possible eg it's fine if not but I really want to try and secure myself a 9 if I can by the summer. Thanks so much !! :smile:
Another question I have is if it's completely ok to use facts from case studies that are old, since they are on the spec even if they are outdated, as some things haven't been updated for a really long time eg the population in Lagos Africa or London, so should I look and research more modern info on that because obviously it has changed ?

I would update your flashcards so that you have specifically what mark schemes are looking for, so then you can use active recall to learn the material. It may also be beneficial to look over exemplar answers as well, but I would spend more time doing exam questions and making sure you know the material.
Original post by libbbyy

Hi @libbbyy
When i was revising for GCSE's i found it really helpful to find practice exam questions and bullet point my answer responses to these and making note of any case studies i might use. Also, i would make sure that any points that are key to your case study has up to date data, however you school will have probably taught you with data that is sufficiently current.
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador, 3rd year geography)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending