The Student Room Group

Picking A-level subjects

Hi, so I need to pick my A level subjects in 2 days time. i have chosen maths and chem but i need to pick and 3rd out of bio and geog, ive heard geog is a lot of workload and coursework and bio is just alot. I love geog so much but this is just at gcse level and bio is interesting. Please give me advice 😭
Original post by elyonl0001
Hi, so I need to pick my A level subjects in 2 days time. i have chosen maths and chem but i need to pick and 3rd out of bio and geog, ive heard geog is a lot of workload and coursework and bio is just alot. I love geog so much but this is just at gcse level and bio is interesting. Please give me advice 😭

I do both biology and geography, and personally I prefer biology. It is more content heavy than geography, and the core practicals can be a lot of work as well. I am really enjoying the coursework element of geography as you can do pretty much anything as long as it is physically possible and it is related to the course. I found the jump between GCSE and A-level worse for geography but it is still very significant in biology. I'm not sure how helpful this is and if you have any questions please ask me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest