The Student Room Group

IB TOK Essay

Hello, my TOK Essay question is "Are we too quick to assume that the most recent evidence is inevitably the strongest? Discuss this with reference to the natural science and one other area of knowledge."

As AOK I chose history. I need an example of a historical event that happened people claimed that it was true; however, years later another piece of evidence cropped up and people started to believe in it. Can you give me an example of it?

Thanks!!
Original post by oopheliaa
Hello, my TOK Essay question is "Are we too quick to assume that the most recent evidence is inevitably the strongest? Discuss this with reference to the natural science and one other area of knowledge."

As AOK I chose history. I need an example of a historical event that happened people claimed that it was true; however, years later another piece of evidence cropped up and people started to believe in it. Can you give me an example of it?

Thanks!!

You could use the Holy Grail or aliens(a belief, which could also be considered part of human history). Basically, people start to believe in them or stop considering it real every few years, as new "evidence" is being found to support or refute the theories. I hope this is useful)
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending