The Student Room Group

AQA History A-level Transformation of China 1936-1997

Hello!

I am studying AQA History A-level Transformation of China 1936-1997 and I don't have a lot of study materials to help so I am struggling a bit. Does anyone study this course and have study notes they could provide? Or any online resources?
Our school recently changed its board from OCR to AQA so I can't get notes from the year above me at school either so any resource suggestions would be amazing.
Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by purplebarney
Hello!

I am studying AQA History A-level Transformation of China 1936-1997 and I don't have a lot of study materials to help so I am struggling a bit. Does anyone study this course and have study notes they could provide? Or any online resources?
Our school recently changed its board from OCR to AQA so I can't get notes from the year above me at school either so any resource suggestions would be amazing.
Thank you!

Hi purplebarney, I study the exact same course as you, sorry to hear you're struggling. I've attached a google drive copy of my condensed notes for each chapter/spec point I've covered in class so far and some resources for writing 25-mark essays (not sure if this will work for you, let me know if it doesn't).

I'll also just offer my advice about revising for History in case it is helpful; I usually break my revision down into steps:
1) Make condensed notes from whatever textbook you have (this is what I have attached).
2) Use these notes to make flashcards for specific facts, statistics, events etc that you will use in an essay.
3) Make mind maps for each chapter/bullet point on the AQA specification, thinking about what questions they may ask you about this subject in an exam (looking at past papers is useful for this). Think about second-order concepts when doing this (e.g change over time, causation, significance, similarity and difference, extent) as your ability to examine these is really what they're testing for in 25 markers.

Link to Google Drive Files

I hope you find this helpful!
Reply 2
Hey waidh7,

Thank you so so much! These notes will definitely be put to use again and thanks for the guidance as well genuinely! This might just save my A-level!

Wish you the best and once again thank you lmaoo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending