The Student Room Group

Holiday before A level mocks?

This year I have my A level psychology mocks but my family want to go on holiday the week right before them. Should I go, should I revise while there, and will I be okay?? I still want decent mock grades.
Original post by jameslovesbingus
This year I have my A level psychology mocks but my family want to go on holiday the week right before them. Should I go, should I revise while there, and will I be okay?? I still want decent mock grades.

Hi @jameslovesbingus

I would say yes, you should be perfectly fine to go on holiday. Although your exams are important, so is time with your family. And to be honest, if you don't go, you'll most likely procrastinate at home anyway wishing you were there.

When revising, we often feel we have to sit for hours working to be successful and I'm by no means telling you to not revise! But rest and enjoyment are still important in your life.

I would suggest taking some revision with you if it will help you feel more relaxed about your mock exam. Maybe flashcards, a textbook, or notes that you can flick through if you have a spare half an hour. Or have some work online so you aren't taking lots of resources with you. I'm sure you can have a nice holiday and get the most out of your mock exam without compromising too much.

If you have some time before your holiday, make sure your revision is focused and direct so you're getting the most out of your revision sessions. Get rod of your phone for an hour and do some focused revision, some past exam questions, etc. The more prepared you are before the holiday, the easier it will be to relax when you're away.

Best of luck with your exam. Remember to find a balance between working and resting, and have a good holiday!
Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest