The Student Room Group

Going on holiday before GCSEs

Hi,

I wanted to see if going on holiday on a weekend to Berlin is okay. I’m going at the end of April, for one weekend. Has anybody else gone on holiday before GCSEs - did it affect you? I am not thinking of revising on this weekend giving me a weekend to destress before the rush of exam season but I’ll probably revise from Feburary mocks onwards (I say that 😂)
Original post by lejawa
Hi,

I wanted to see if going on holiday on a weekend to Berlin is okay. I’m going at the end of April, for one weekend. Has anybody else gone on holiday before GCSEs - did it affect you? I am not thinking of revising on this weekend giving me a weekend to destress before the rush of exam season but I’ll probably revise from Feburary mocks onwards (I say that 😂)

Hi @lejawa,

I can't say for sure if it will have an impact on your GCSEs but if you are feeling burnt out or feel like a weekend away would be beneficial for you, go for it! It sounds like you have made up your mind about it already but planning your revision so that you have space for rest before the busy exam season can be really helpful. Just be sure that when you are on holiday and relaxing, actually relax! By this I mean try to avoid rehearsing things you have memorised in your head.

Enjoy Berlin! :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 2
Original post by University of Kent
Hi @lejawa,

I can't say for sure if it will have an impact on your GCSEs but if you are feeling burnt out or feel like a weekend away would be beneficial for you, go for it! It sounds like you have made up your mind about it already but planning your revision so that you have space for rest before the busy exam season can be really helpful. Just be sure that when you are on holiday and relaxing, actually relax! By this I mean try to avoid rehearsing things you have memorised in your head.

Enjoy Berlin! :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest